1. UPPER KABETE CAMPUS CHRISTIAN UNION.
The Upper Kabete Christian Campus Union started as a branch of the University of Nairobi Christian Union.The aims and the doctrinal is to deepen and strengthen the spiritual life of its members by the study of the Bible, by Prayer and Christian fellowship.
2. KABETE CAMPUS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ORGANIZATION (KCUSO)
Kabete campus University students organization (KCUSO) Is A CAMPUS BASED STUDENT ORGANISATION in the university of Nairobi, Upper Kabete Campus (College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences-CAVS). The organization comprises of fifteen officials, ten of which form the executive while the remaining five are the halls chairpersons. By virtue of being a student at the college every student is a member of the organization.
KCUSO is established under the rules and regulations governing the organization, conduct and discipline of students of College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences. The key objective is to promote and safeguard the welfare and academic interests of the students.
3. VETERINARY STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION(VSA)
Veterinary Students’ Association was started in 1980’s under the faculty of veterinary medicine, University of Nairobi. Members of VSA are students pursuing Veterinary Medicine Degree. The patron of the association is the dean of the faculty of Veterinary Medicine. VSA organizes events in each academic year which include sports, career days, field days and farmers outreach programs.
Our major partner is the Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) which usually organizes scientific conferences annually where members of VSA are eligible to attend. We also have sponsors for our events that mainly include the veterinary clinics, pharmaceuticals, parastatals and other stake holders.
4. UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION(UNSA)
UNSA is the overall student body. Registered in July 1998 as SONU, it has the following objectives:-
- To establish an efficient, accountable and transparent student organization which seeks and undertakes representation and/or participation in organs of the University.
- To work in close solidarity with other students organizations within the University and establish friendly relations and understanding with other relevant organizations.
- To seek, enhance and maintain freedom of conscience, expression, association, academic liberty and all rights occurring to students and to promote employment of the same.
- To promote student welfare, work hand in hand with University administration and other bodies concerned with enhancement of students’ standard of living and undertake any other activity which does not conflict with the constitution of UNSA or any law or regulation in force in which is beneficial to the members.
- UNSA also seeks to represent students in various administrative and academic organs of the University. Students can channel their input into the University Council, University Senate, Student Welfare Authority (S.W.A.) and College Academic Boards.
UNSA Executive comprises of a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Administration, Vice-Chairperson, Academics, Secretary General, Organizing Secretary, Treasurer, Secretary-Sport and Entertainment, Secretary- Health, Accommodation and Catering, Campus Representatives from Chiromo Campus, Lower Kabete, Kikuyu Campus, Main Campus, Parklands, Upper Kabete, Medical School and the Gender Affairs Secretary.
Upper Kabete Environment Forum is a platform for te students where they come together and discuss and plan on how they can conserve environment through different initiatives like tree planting and environment clean up exercises
6. RUNWAY ENVIRONMENTALISTS ORGANIZATION
University of Nairobi Mentorship Programmes
- Mentorship and Counseling programme in the college coordinated by Assistant Dean of Students. There is a Calender of Events for the semester, which is also currently running online due to COVID-19 pandemic. The students can get in touch with the Assistant Dean of Students through email@example.com and 0721850452.
- There is also peer mentorship programme organized through NUASA. Support for this can be accessed through contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and 0790465626.
Talent Development and Enhancement
- Talent development and enhancement is done through facilitation by the College Assistant Dean of Students Hellen Rabera Omwenga in liaison with the Dean of Students of the University of Nairobi. She can be reached through email@example.com and 0721850452.
Contacts for the different student services
- Chairman, Department of Clinical Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org and 0204916 012
- Dean, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine: email@example.com and 0204916009
- Principal, CAVS firstname.lastname@example.org and 0204916002
- Registrar, CAVS Registraremail@example.com and 0204916004
- University of Nairobi Health Services
- UON Security and Safety Services
- ICT Support, CAVS