On Friday 9th July 2021, KTTC Diploma students together with their three Lecturers visited the faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Faculty of Agriculture on an academic tour for practical training in various techniques. The students were welcomed by Prof. Mande, the Executive Dean faculty of Veterinary Medicine and CSD Senior Lecturer Dr Kitaa.
The students were taken through practical training in the following Depts within the two faculties i.e.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine; Dept. of Veterinary Pathology and Dept. of Clinical Studies
- Faculty of Agriculture; Plant Science and LARMAT
In the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine , the students were taken through practicals training in the Dept. of Veterinary Pathology(), Dept. of Clinical Studies (Dr. Abuom and Dr. Mwangi) while in the Faculty of Agriculture they visited the Dept. of Plant Science.
In the Dept. of Veterinary Pathology the students were taken through practicals by Mr. Mukiri, Mr. Gucema, Ms Grace, Ms Edith, Ms, Ann, Ms Charity. The following practical sessions were covered
- Histopathology Techniques ie
- Receiving of Carcass in PM
- Tissue Processing
- Microtomy and Staining.
- Electron and Light Microscopy
- Microbiological Technique i.e.
- Media Preparation
- Sample Culture and Identification
- Gram Staining,
- Biochemical testing,
- Parasitological Techniques i.e.
- Direct Smears
- MacMaster Technique
- Sedimentation Technique
- Floatation Technique
In the Dept. of Clinical Studies, the students were taken through practicals by Dr. Abuom and Dr. Mwangi. The following practical sessions were covered
- Small Animal Clinic i.e. Clinic/X-Ray and Laboratory techniques
- Large Animal Clinic i.e. Clinic, A.I and Ultrasound
In the Faculty of Agriculture, the students were taken through practicals by Mr. Shivachi and Ms Caroline Kyalo. The following practical sessions were covered
- Biotechnology i.e. Plant tissue Culture, Green House Techniques & Molecular techniques
- Log in to post comments