The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is located off Kapenguria Road, 14 km. to the Northwest of Nairobi. As the University has evolved, so too has the college. The college has a fully stocked library, a Field station at Kibwezi and clinics and laboratories to supplement the education provided in lectures. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, one of the oldest degree-granting faculties. This faculty was transferred from Makerere University College to the Royal College Nairobi in 1962. Today, students are prepared for various fields in the Veterinary Sciences at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with undergraduate beginning studies in the College of Biological and Physical Sciences. Courses are offered by the following departments:
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Production
- Clinical Studies
- Public Health,
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has recently introduced the following Module II Programmes:?
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM)
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Laboratory Technology (BLT)
- Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Management and related options
- A 5-week Certificate Course in Artificial Insemination and Fertility
- A Diploma in Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance.
- M.Sc. in Wildlife Health and management
- M.Sc. in Veterinary Parasitology